|2 Yr. Olds||2:08||2 Yr. Olds||2:12|
|3 Yr. Olds||2:06||3 Yr. Olds||2:10|
- Qualifying races will be scheduled weekly. There will be no additions after the box is closed.
- The above standards are for races on a track classified as fast. Qualifying standards may be changed or altered by the Presiding Judge at any time.
- Horses coming from another track may be accepted by the Race Secretary as long as they meet the previous track’s qualifying standard and are not on a qualifying list as recorded by Standardbred Canada or MPHRC.
- The Race Secretary may make time allowances for horses coming from another track when the last start was in adverse weather conditions. Races conducted at distance other than one (1) mile may or may not be used to determine eligibility.
- There will be no ship-in training within two (2) hours to post time on qualifying or race days.
- Horses making breaks in two (2) consecutive races, other than interference or equipment breaks, on a racetrack may be required to qualify.
- The judges may require a horse to qualify at their discretion.
- Horses scratched sick, lame or injured in two (2) consecutive starts may be ordered to qualify.
- Horses not going in qualifying time coming off a qualifying race will be required to qualify.
- Any horse that has not raced in thirty (30) days must qualify.
- Horses causing a mutual refund due to a recall may be required to qualify twice before entries will be accepted for future races.
- Entries will not be accepted on horses causing two (2) mutual refunds due to recalls at the current meet until they have qualified successfully on successive occasions.
- Horses starting in three (3) consecutive qualifying races failing to meet the prescribed standards may not be allowed to start in future qualifying races for a minimum of thirty (30) days. This rule does not apply to 2 & 3 Year Old Trotters.
- Hoppled horses that want to race free legged must first qualify free legged. Horses that want to race with hopples may change once without re-qualifying. After that, said horse must re-qualify each time they change.
- Eight (8) horses of separate interest are required in all overnight events or the events may be canceled at the tracks discretion. Purse distribution in overnight events shall be 50-25-12-8-5% unless specified otherwise in posted conditions.
- Unless excused in advance by the Presiding Judge, all horses are required to race from the Paddock Barn.
- Horses in all events must be entered at the Race Secretary’s office, including telephone entries, no later than the time prescribed on the weekly condition sheet.
- Horses scratched sick, lame or injured may not be eligible to race for five (5) days. Exceptions may be made for open and stake classes.
- In condition events, horses may not drop more than two (2) classes each start without the approval of the Race Secretary.
- Horsemen with unpaid obligations to Red Shores will not be permitted to enter horses to race until such obligations are paid in full.
- All participants in racing at the Charlottetown Driving Park Entertainment Centre (including trainers, owners, drivers and caretakers) shall abide by all the rules and regulations of Red Shores, Maritime Provinces Harness Racing Commission and Standardbred Canada in regards to the conduct of the race meeting.
All of the above may be changed at the discretion of Management of Red Shores Inc.